This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WatchHowIStyle #CollectiveBias
Tis the season for holiday gathering, parties and nights filled with cheesy holiday movies. While it’s easy to throw on an ugly sweater for your cheesy holiday themed movie night, it’s not always easy to style a look for your company party or your SO’s family dinner. I don’t haven an SO, but I assume it’s not easy. So regardless of the occasion I’m here to help! The hardest part about styling a holiday event is that you don’t always know how fancy/dressy to get, so I have a few tips for styling your holiday looks!
- Your little black dress (LBD) is the best +1. Black dresses can be easily dressed up or down and they’re classic.
- Handbags are your BFF. Roughly 350 days of the year I carry a cross body or a backpack as a purse, but during the holiday season I carry a clutch or a hand bag. Not only does it easily dress up your look, but if your sparkle clutch is too much for the holiday gathering, put it in your bae’s coat (or hide under a table, not that I’ve ever done that) and you’re instantly more casual.
- Keep a ponytail holder and bobby pins on hand. If you feel too dressy, then put your hair in a casual pony. If you feel too casual throw your hair up in a bun. With a ponytail and a couple bobby pins a quick “trip” to the wash room will have you feeling like a whole new person.
- Lip color changes everything. Darker shades will usually give the appearance of a fancier look, and lighter shades appear more casual. Bring two colors and do a lip change if you feel out of place.
- Accessorize! When you wear an LBD, let your accessories do the talking. Plus, for security place a more casual pair of earrings in your clutch and change them out if you show up dressed for the Oscars and well, it’s not the Oscars.
Regardless of weather you FEEL too dressy, or too casual walk confidently that YOU LOOK GREAT. Who cares if your Aunt Edna asked if you’re going to “change” when you were ready. You’re gorgeous, and Santa doesn’t care.
Now let’s go back to accessories. One tip I do have is to take off your smart watch and slip on a a classy Anne Klein watch. Anne Klein watches function as gorgeous, trendy pieces of jewelry that help you arrive to that party fashionably late not embarrassingly late. Plus, they come in a variety of different shapes, sizes, colors and materials to fit any woman’s fashion needs. My favorite is this gorgeous 4-piece Rose gold tone watch and bracelet set. Not only do you get a bracelet watch with mother of pearl dial but you also get 3 bracelets all featuring unique designs and Swarovski crystals. It’s gorgeous for you, or a perfect option for holiday a gift as all pieces come in a beautifully branded box. Plus, the bracelets can be mixed and matched. I picked up this beauty at Macy’s or you can purchase online or by hovering over & clicking on the last image! If you have a fear of the mall at Christmas time, worry not Macy’s jewelry is organized like a dream – just look for the Anne Klein counter!