I had this whole blog idea ready about color pairing during spring, however, my recent viewing of the movie Courageous made it take a huge spin. The movie Courageous (if you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it, just smile through the cheesy parts) is all about a group of men defining themselves as fathers and husbands, but most importantly men of Christ. During the movie the men deal with temptations, failures and times where they have no choice but to trust God. So of course, the movie inspired me to think more into the aspect of marriage and here is what I think…
1. Dont Rush – Nathan Hayes (one of the characters) said, “Divorce happens because people made it an option”.
- Why are we so quick to rush into marrying someone? Don’t get me wrong, I fully believe when you know you know. However, being 25 and single, I can’t tell you how many sympathetic looks/words I get from people feeling sorry for me that I’m not married. Of course, I desire to be a wife and mother some day BUT being single doesn’t define me – God does. So for the record, don’t apologize to someone who is single. If you want to help, set us up. Duh! 🙂
- Often when people ask me what I’m looking for in a guy I’m quick to list off all the physical characteristics and personality traits for which I’m looking. However, I forget a HUGE part about the man I’m marrying, I’m marrying the future father to my children. I can’t even begin to explain how wonderful my parents are. To think that I could bring kids into the world with a man anything less than MY father, is a scary thought. So ladies, remember you’re not just marrying a man to make him your husband, you’re marrying a man to make him a father.
- People often critique me because I say that life and love is, and should be, a fairytale. I’m not stupid, I know life is rough. But answer me this, what fairytale have you seen where there isn’t an evil villain or the princess doesn’t go through some form of a hardship? Cinderella was a servant, Snow White’s father died, Belle had no mother, Sleeping Beauty grew up in seclusion… Need I name more? I fully believe that life will have it’s “fire breathing dragons” but when you persevere through it, everyone can have a happy ending. Look around you at your friends, wife/husband, daughter/son, you have a job, your healthy and breathing – is that not a happy ending?!
Combo: Nails + Jewelry / Mint + Coral
- I love matching nails to jewelry! While they should match your overall outfit, making sure they pair together is crucial.
Want to know more about the movie Courageous? Check out www.courageousthemovie.com. I’m pretty sure Ben Davies is my future husband, so back off ladies. 🙂
“Hang my locket around your neck, wear my ring on your finger. Love is invincible facing danger and death. Passion laughs at the terrors of hell. The fire of love stops at nothing – it sweeps everything before it. Flood waters can’t drown love, torrents of rain can’t put it out. Love can’t be bought, love can’t be sold…” Song of Solomon 8:6-8